Signs, Symptoms and Complications of Opiate Addiction
Early Signs of Opiate Addiction
Opiate addiction, both of illegal opiates and prescription opioids, has exploded in recent years. Physical dependence of these drugs occurs quickly and users find after a short time that they cannot stop even though they may want to. As tolerance rises, overdose becomes common and often leads to death. If you or someone you love is addicted to opiates, treatment is essential to recovery. The personalized addiction treatment programs at Casa Capri, designed for women ages 18-45, will give you the tools, structure and nurturing support necessary to live a life free of opiates and filled with joyful purpose. Call now; 855-816-8826.
Symptoms of opiate addiction include:
- Very small pupils.
- Itching; nearly all opiates cause the skin to itch.
- Needle marks on the skin if the person is injecting.
- The person often seems sleepy, or paradoxically “wired” and energetic.
- The person is always short of money, and begs, borrows, or steals to sustain his habit.
- Multiple prescriptions and pill bottles when using prescribed opioids
- Damaged work or family relationships.
- Frequent use of laxatives; opiate use causes constipation and slows the bowel.
Complications and Side Effects of Opiate Addiction
Opiates—like heroin, OxyContin®, and morphine—are extremely dangerous and very addictive. Since many users obtain these drugs illegally, it can be impossible to know the dose or type of chemicals they are actually taking. Often times these drugs are mixed with even more dangerous opiates such as Fentanyl® and Demerol that can lead to overdose epidemics from “bad batches.”
Because withdrawal symptoms such as insomnia, anxiety, sweating, pain and vomiting can be extremely intense, most users will need a medically supported detox to safely transition off of opiates. At Casa Capri’s accredited drug rehab, we have everything you need to recover and get your life back. From our comfortable inpatient opiate detox to our women’s only residential rehab, we’ve got the structure, support and unconditional love you need and deserve.
Give us a call now. Our intake team is available 24/7 to answer questions and get you or someone you love on the road to joyful recovery at 855-816-8826.