Signs, Symptoms and Complications of Cocaine Addiction
Early Signs of Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine is a powerfully addictive stimulant that destroys lives and families. Fortunately, for those who suspect a loved one may be addicted to cocaine, there are early signs and symptoms to look for and help is available. At Casa Capri Recovery, our dedicated all-female staff and personalized addiction treatment programs designed specifically for young women, deliver healing solutions and lasting results.
Common symptoms of cocaine addiction include:
- Cocaine is expensive; it’s common for users to beg, borrow and steal to fund their addiction.
- Changes in behavior —overly secretive about where she goes and what she is doing.
- Mood swings; cycling from extremely high to extremely low.
- Excessive exhilaration, grandiosity, abnormal confidence and risky behavior
- Increased alertness to the point of insomnia.
- Rapid or rambling speech
- Dilated pupils
- Delusions and hallucinations
- Irritable and short tempered
- Changes in heart rate and blood pressure
- Nasal congestion, nosebleeds, and damage to the mucous membrane of the nose (if snorting cocaine)
Complications and Side Effects of Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine addiction is dangerous. Because cocaine is illegal and often mixed with other hazardous drugs, there is no way for users to know the quality or dose they are taking which can prove fatal. Cocaine also increases the likelihood for users to partake in other risky behaviors. For young women, this can be especially unsafe as they put their lives in real danger in an effort to obtain their fix.
Long-term effects for cocaine users vary from a loss of sense of smell and permanent damage to nasal sinuses when snorting cocaine, to increased risk for HIV and hepatitis when injecting cocaine. Malnourishment is also common and cocaine use has been linked to Parkinson’s disease.
At Casa Capri’s dually accredited drug rehab center, we can help stop the cycle and restore even the heaviest users back to health and happiness. At our medically supervised cocaine detox, you or your loved one will be safe and supported as she transitions off of cocaine. Our women’s only inpatient rehab has successfully helped hundreds of women struggling with this devastating addiction heal wholeheartedly and build beautiful, vibrant lives free from drugs and alcohol. Now it’s your turn. Please give us a call now at 855-816-8826. We are here for you every step of the way.